Stitchers 'n' Bitchers

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Scarves!

Boo!
OK so I have been meaning to post all day and haven't had the time. Now I should be packing to go to my Mums for the weekend (or going to bed!) to be with my man and I'm writing here. Priorities girl!!!
So photos of my knitting? How come the things I am least proud of I have the most pics of??
Firstly here's the (in)famous boob scarf. The pattern was from a special pattern thing in Knitty for Breast Cancer Awareness week and I knitted it to auction off with loads of other stuff that Cardiff Stitch and Bitch have been making.

Its finished now and needs sending to someone so that it can be auctioned off because now I am Michael-less, I have noone to look after J and L so that I can go and knit once a fortnight :(

Here's another scarf that I've been making for the same auction. I'm much happier with this because even though it looks cock-eyed on the picture, I'm fairly sure that its fine in real life.




Its really pretty and even if its not me, I still like it.
Its scary how addictive knitting is though. I haven't knitted since Saturday because I've just had a really busy week of ill and grumpy kids and I keep thinking 'must knit!!!' I've been good though, done jobs and played with J and L BUT I'm taking my knitting with me and I'm hoping that I'll get a good lot done while I'm there and finally sew up the trousers I've made for Lucy. I have to do kitchener stitch and have never done that before but the girl can't go around in crotchless trousers now can she?? Here they are at the moment. She was trying to escape from me. Little minx.



Jodi, I hope you get the scarf done before I come back on Sunday.
Nic
xx

2 Comments:

  • At 12:30 pm, Blogger Sally said…

    Wow you guys are good! My sister is dead chuffed she inspired you cos your'e obviously both brilliant. I need to learn to knit - where do I start?

    Sal xxx

     
  • At 4:49 pm, Blogger Kirsti said…

    The scarves are both looking great. And you can always block the lacy one when it's finished to make it straight.

    Sal: you start by buying another air fare for you and Oz to come visit me and I'll teach you personally :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home